Snow Emergencies are called when the snow has accumulated to a depth of two inches or more. Here is how a Snow Emergency works:
- Once the snow has accumulated to a depth of two inches or more, a snow emergency is declared before 5:30 pm. The City will notify everyone that a snow emergency has been declared by posting notice on its website and sending out notices to those who have subscribed to the e-mail and/or text alerts.
- The Snow Emergency parking restrictions are in place the following morning from 1:00 am to 7:00 am ONLY.
The following are the Snow Emergency parking restrictions:
- On all even-numbered calendar days, parking is permitted on the side of the city street with even-numbered house numbers from 1:00 am to 7:00 am.
- On all odd-numbered calendar days, parking is permitted on the side of the city street with odd-numbered house numbers from 1:00 am to 7:00 am.
- On all city streets with posted parking restrictions on one side of the street only, parking is permitted on the side of the street with no posted parking restrictions every day, except pursuant to City Code section 32-137.
For example: If today is December 1st (an ODD-numbered day) and it has snowed more than two inches, verify whether a Snow Emergency has been declared. If a Snow Emergency has been declared, before you go to bed, you should park your vehicle on the side of the street with the EVEN-numbered house numbers since it will be an EVEN-numbered calendar day from 1:00 am to 7:00 am, which is when the parking restrictions are in place.
What If My Vehicle Was Towed?
If your vehicle has been towed, contact Williams Towing at (952) 474-8000 or visit their website by clicking here. Williams Towing is located at 4250 Creek View Circle #101, Minnetrista, MN 55375.
Sign-Up for Notifications
For directions on how to sign-up to receive snow emergency notifications by e-mail or text, please click here.
Contact Public Works at (952) 653-3676 or email Public Works Superintendent, Tim Amundsen.